DGAP-Adhoc: HeidelbergCement AG: Revaluation of asset portfolio at HeidelbergCement
DGAP-Ad-hoc: HeidelbergCement AG / Key word(s): Miscellaneous
HeidelbergCement AG: Revaluation of asset portfolio at HeidelbergCement
06-Jul-2020 / 19:59 CET/CEST
Disclosure of an inside information acc. to Article 17 MAR of the Regulation (EU) No 596/2014, transmitted by DGAP - a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
- COVID-19 related revaluation of the asset portfolio of the HeidelbergCement Group leads to depreciation of goodwill and other assets of approximately EUR 3.4 billion
- Measures from COPE will already take effect in the short term and will partially compensate the impact caused by the decline in sales volumes in Q2 2020
- Long-term business outlook remains good
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, HeidelbergCement AG comprehensively reviewed the business prospects of all significant local business units of the Group in the second quarter of 2020, considering the expected effects of the COVID 19 pandemic on the business of HeidelbergCement. On this basis, HeidelbergCement carried out an impairment test of the asset portfolio.
The audit leads to an impairment of goodwill and tangible fixed assets shown in the consolidated balance sheet totaling around EUR 3.4 billion before tax. The impairment burdens the result but does not lead to liquidity outflows.
Reasons for the impairments are in particular:
1. Due to the influence of the Corona pandemic, the original business expectations have shifted into the future and have decreased within the specified planning period.
2. Economic special effects in individual countries in which HeidelbergCement operates (particularly in the United Kingdom due to the country's withdrawal from the European Union)
3. Increase of the market risk premium used for valuation purposes from 6% to 7% based on the increased recommendation for the cost of capital by the German Institute of Public Auditors (Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer, IdW).
Regionally, the impairments relate mainly to business units in Western and Southern Europe (United Kingdom, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, and Spain) with approximately EUR 2.7 billion, North America with approximately EUR 0.3 billion, Asia/Pacific (Malaysia, Australia, and Indonesia) with approximately EUR 0.2 billion as well as Northern and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Kazakhstan and Bulgaria) with approximately EUR 0.1 billion.
Approximately two thirds of the impairments relate to the portfolio of assets acquired as part of the Hanson acquisition, around one fifth relate to the Italcementi acquisition. Overall, around half of the impairments are attributable to assets in the UK.
The impairment is independent of the short-term operational development of the company. With the COPE action plan, the company launched a comprehensive bundle of measures in February that focuses on maintaining liquidity and cost savings. HeidelbergCement assumes that these measures will already take effect in the short term and partially compensate the impact caused by the decline in sales volumes in the second quarter of 2020.
In the long term, the company continues to expect good business prospects.
Heidelberg, 6 July 2020
The Management Board
Group Communication & Investor Relation
Tel.: +49 6221 481 13249
Fax: +49 6221 481 13217
Berliner Straße 6
06-Jul-2020 CET/CEST The DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial/Corporate News and Press Releases.
Archive at www.dgap.de
||Berliner Straße 6
||+49 (0)6221 481-0
||+49 (0)6221 481-13217
||Regulated Market in Dusseldorf, Frankfurt (Prime Standard), Munich, Stuttgart; Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Hamburg, Hanover, Tradegate Exchange
|EQS News ID:
|End of Announcement
||DGAP News Service
1087471 06-Jul-2020 CET/CEST
Quelle: boersengefluester.de und Firmenangaben
Die wichtigsten Finanzdaten auf einen Blick
|Ergebnis je Aktie8
Geschäftsbericht 2020 - Kostenfrei herunterladen.
1 in Mio. Euro; 2 EBITDA = Ergebnis vor Zinsen, Steuern und Abschreibungen; 3 EBITDA in Relation zum Umsatz; 4 EBIT = Ergebnis vor Zinsen und Steuern; 5 EBIT in Relation zum Umsatz; 6 Jahresüberschuss (-fehlbetrag) in Relation zum Umsatz; 7 Cashflow aus der gewöhnlichen Geschäftstätigkeit; 8 in Euro; Quelle: boersengefluester.de
||Kurs in €
||Börsenwert in Mio. €
|Dividende '20 in €
||Dividende '21e in €
||Performance 52 Wochen